A WebQuest for 2nd Grade
Polar Bears are furry and white and look very cuddly.† But would a polar bear let you hug them?† Do you wonder why they are the color of snow?† What do polar bears eat?† Where do polar bears live?† What age do polar bears live up to?† How do they communicate with each other?†
During this Web Quest, you will research polar bears and become Polar Bear Experts.† You will:
To accomplish this Web Quest you will complete the following tasks using the Internet web sites provided.†
Working with your partner answer the following questions and write your answers on the Polar Bear Answer Sheet.
1. Where do polar bears live?
2. Do polar bears like the water as well as the land?
3. What helps insulate polar bears from the freezing air and cold water?
4. Why is the polar bears fur white?
1. How tall is a male polar bear?
2. How tall is a female polar bear?
3. How weighs more, a male or a female polar bear?
4. Does a polar bear have webbed feet?
5. What color is a polar bearís skin?
6. Is a polar bear a mammal?
1. What is the primary food source for polar bears?
2. What are some other foods that they like to eat?
3. Is a polar bear a carnivore or an herbivore?
1. During what months does mating take place between the male and female polar bear?
2. What is a baby polar bear called?
3. How old do polar bears get?
1. How to polar bears communicate with each other?
2. What serves as a warning to other bears?
3. When a polar bear wants to play, how does he communicate it to another bear?
1. How many different types of species of bears are there?†
2. Are polar bears an endangered species?
3. Using the information you gathered about polar bears during this Web Quest, write a story about your favorite polar bear.† Include as many facts as you can.
4. Draw a picture to illustrate your polar bear story.
1. Visit the websites below and have some fun with polar bear games and jokes.
You will be evaluated by:
Now that you know more about Polar Bears you can appreciate them a little bit more and share your knowledge with others.